When patients in Massachusetts are considering prescription sunglasses, they may wonder if they are worth the extra money. It’s another set of lenses and glasses frames, but it can be extremely beneficial to the individual. Here are just a few of the benefits of using prescription sunglasses:
- Crisp and clear vision in the outdoors. If you spend any amount of time outside and want to have crystal clear vision, prescription sunglasses are the way to go. Prescription sunglasses are custom-made for the patient, and can provide better vision than contacts with traditional glasses.
- No more glare. Glare can be problematic for anyone who is spending time in the great outdoors. With polarized prescription lenses, patients can neutralize the glare that can be problematic.
- Customization. Patients who order prescription sunglasses can have the tint and color chosen specifically for their unique preferences. Colors may include anything from gray to rose to yellow, depending on how you want to see the world!
- UV protection. We always think of wearing sunblock to protect our skin from UV rays, but what about our eyes? Prescription sunglasses can block 100% of the sun’s UV rays, protecting your eyes from the damaging effects of UV ray damage, including macular degeneration, cataracts, and even cancer.
- Choices of lenses. When a pair of prescription sunglasses is fabricated to a patient’s specifications, they have options when it comes to the type of materials and treatments used on the glasses. This includes scratch-resistant lenses, polycarbonate lenses, polarized lenses, and photochromatic lenses.
- Convenience. Instead of wearing your regular prescription glasses and another pair of sunglasses over them, patients can enjoy the convenience of wearing one set of glasses when spending time outside. Patients can avoid the cumbersome and unsightly special lenses used over traditional glasses and enjoy a fashionably pair of sunglasses instead!
Ready to learn more about prescription sunglasses?
Patients who reside in the areas of Wakefield, Waltham, and Winchester, MA are welcome to connect with the providers at North Suburban Eye Associates, PC to discuss the benefits of obtaining prescription sunglasses. Call (781) 245-5200 today to obtain an eye examination and speak to a professional about your options for vision correction.