You’ve probably heard about Botox – you most likely know someone who has had Botox injections – and you may have considered having the procedure yourself. Did you know that North Suburban Eye Associates provides Botox and other cosmetic procedures? In case you are curious, here are some things you should know about Botox!
What you need to know about Botox
1. Botox is made from a toxin (the botulinum toxin), which sounds dangerous but is actually very safe in the right hands. It works by blocking the signals that are transmitted between the muscles and the nerves, which relaxes the muscles, which relaxes and smooths wrinkles.
2. After the procedure, you may be a bit bruised, but this will fade in a few days.
3. It may take about 2 weeks to see the full effects, although you will start to notice results within a few days.
4. Botox can be used for medical purposes as well. It can help patients with chronic migraines, bladder problems, and strabismus (eyes that point in different directions).
5. Right after getting Botox you can return to your normal activities (although you should wait for a few hours before heading to the gym or doing any other kind of strenuous activity).
Perhaps the most important thing to know about Botox is that patients love it. They love that it is painless and the injections only feel like a little pinch, that the effects of Botox can last up to 6 months, and that the procedure to get Botox can be done in the doctor’s office within just a few minutes. It is noninvasive and a great option for someone who wants to reduce lines and wrinkles and get younger-looking skin but isn’t quite ready for a surgical procedure such as a facelift. It is a quick way to get great results!
You know you can trust North Suburban Eye Associates in Massachusetts with your vision, and now you know you can trust them with cosmetic procedures such as Botox, too. Call (781) 245-5200 today for an appointment to discuss Botox or one of the other cosmetic procedures offered.